Admission requirements for the Master of Science in Business Education are:
- a completed university program with a professional degree corresponding to a Bachelor degree with a number of at least 180 credits according to the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) in Business Education or an equivalent program,
- the confirmation of at least 130 credits (ECTS) earned in the disciplines of Business Administration and Economics, including at least 65 credits in Business Administration, in the preceding study program,
- English language skills at the level B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), and
- the successful participation in the written aptitude test (No. 1 to 2 need to be fulfilled in order to be admitted to the test).
In addition, the following prerequisites need to be met:
- Applicants whose native language is not German and who do not have a German university degree need to have passed the test DSH level 2 (German language exam for the university admission of foreign applicants).
- Applicants with a prior degree in Business Administration (and Economics) without any previous education in the fields of Business Education and Didactics can also begin the Master program after successfully passing the aptitude test. The need to attend additional lectures (29 credits) in the basic subjects of Business Education and prove their successful participation before they can be registered for the final Master thesis.
The Master program starts every semester. The application deadline is July 31st (winter semester) and January 31st (summer semester), respectively. The aptitude test takes place in the middle of August and in the middle of February.
Please send your application via mail or email to:
Mercator School of Management
Dr. Wanja von der Goltz
For students from countries outside the EU/students with prior degrees earned outside the EU, the international office ("Akademisches Auslandsamt" - AAA) is in charge for the application process. Please use the application form that can be downloaded from the AAA's website and send your complete application papers to the AAA. The AAA will also help you with regard to the required documents and proof of your German language skills (DSH 2).
Akademisches Auslandsamt/International Office
+49 203 379-3704/-2304
Please click here for answers to frequently asked questions.