In order to improve the study conditions for our students, the Mercator School of Management has invested study fees into ten academic assistant positions that have been allocated to the different chairs in relation to their quantitative teaching performance. Academic assistants serve as the main link between students and chairs. In return, the chairs agree to a sanctioned service commitment, which formulates the main aims of the program.
The chairs that participate in the program sign a commitment which guarantees for the following services:
1. Every exam will be assessed within 4 weeks.
It takes 4 weeks maximum for the exam results to be published; the chairs strive to correct every exam within 2 weeks. Every chair permits the students access to their exam. In case of 3rd attempts an early assessment will be made possible.
2. Every thesis will be assessed within 6 weeks.
Every thesis will be assessed within 6 weeks after submission. After the grade has been released by the examination office, students are given the opportunity of a feedback meeting.
3. Every student receives a seminar slot without delay.
Numbers of seminar slots will not be limited - in case of shortages the chairs offer a second seminar. Every seminar qualifies as preparation for a diploma or master thesis.
4. Students receives the opportunity to write a bachelor/master/diploma thesis at the chair of their choice.
On condition that all examination requirements are fulfilled, students receive a thesis topic within 6 weeks.
5. Every chair answers to emails within 24 hours.
During office hours (Monday to Friday), emails will be replied to within 24 hours. If an answer via email is not possible, a personal or telephone conversation will be arranged promptly.
6. Lecture materials will be available 1 week before the lecture starts at the latest.
Lecture materials are available on the Internet or in the copy shop at least one week before the lecture starts. The chairs do not sell materials.
7. Trainings will be offered for all relevant lectures.
If didactically useful, trainings will be offered by the chairs. Moreover, the chairs supervise tutorials and adjust the student tutors' performance to their own teaching program.